Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Artiste

When my cousin gave Asher a paintable piggy bank as a birthday gift, I was pretty dubious I must admit. I didn't really think he would have much interest, and I just saw MESS. Paint all over the place!

But as soon as we got back from our trip, Asher started asking to paint his new piggy bank. So, paint it he did. And he absolutely loved it! He spent a lot of time carefully choosing colors and painting the face, all the sides, and the feet.

And there was hardly even a mess.
Ever since then, he's been asking to paint other stuff, so I think it's time to make a trip to a craft store!

2 comments:

alison said...

Cute! Like you, painting was something I was NOT interested in doing at home - too messy. But when Lily started school that was her FAVORITE! Now the question is will he be interested in saving his money in the piggy bank?

Jennifer said...

so cute!!!! i love how he actually put eyes on it!

paint is a big favorite over here too. now i just need to find some that is actually washable!