Sunday, August 9, 2009

Crash and Burn

Such a boy.

Not only is Asher a true boy through and through, but I fear he has inherited my total lack of grace. That's a lethal combination. Or is it just the age? I sure hope so. It seems like a lot of kids around this age have all sorts of boo-boos (I'm such a mom!). Lucky for him, he seems to have gotten Eric's ability to shoot a basket and throw a football, so hopefully this gift of coordination will compensate for my klutzy genes.

But seriously, in the past two days, Asher has fallen and skinned his knees 3 times! On a regular basis, his knees get scratched up every day or two. Every time he starts running (or even walking), my stomach starts to churn. Because each incident turns into a major hour long (at least) crying jag for Asher in which nothing soothes or distracts him. And yet he walked head-on into my open car door last week and just kept on walking without skipping a beat (mainly because he spotted a toy up ahead that he wanted. But the knees? Forget about it. And then there's his forehead, where there is an ever-constant bruise on his right side (remember the car door?), in addition to whatever bruises and scratches are sprinkling his head and body. He is always banging or smashing into something or another.

But boy is he darn cute. I sure hope he survives toddlerhood!

3 comments:

katina said...

haha, like that one commercial where the mom says "if he makes it to [insert age here] it'll be a miracle" and then the commercial ends with the boy all grown up and is now a father and starts saying the same thing about his daughter.

Alison said...

Lily's knee's have also seen many an injury but what she really seems prone to is bonking her mouth/teeth and cutting her lip. I have gone so far as to ban certain shoes because she seems to have more injuries when she's wearing them! So I don't even know that it's a boy thing, I think it's just a toddler thing!

The Stiners said...

Ha ha I think about that commercial that Katina mentioned often! It's like my mantra for Corben.