Lately, Asher has been just a little, tiny bit (okay, a lot) challenging. This isn't new - it's been happening for quite some time now actually. But when you also add to it the fact that he is teething back molars, it definitely takes it to a whole new level. I often get slapped in the face or my cheeks pinched hard (timeout, anyone?) multiple times a day, and the endless crying/screaming....oh boy. I try and be empathetic with him because I know he's in pain from the teeth, and I know that being 19 months can be frustrating because he's still learning to communicate. But, sometimes, it's all I can do to just not run away and hide in the closet.
But then, he always seems to redeem himself with a smile or by being his unbearably cute self, and I'm reminded that he really is a sweet boy. And it seems that I keep stumbling onto blogs where people have lost their very young child, and it reminds me all over again of just how lucky I am. So, in honor of this, here is just a small list of things I love about my little boy.
A Few of My Favorite Things About Mr. Asher:
*I love how Asher has the most infectious laugh, and sometimes, we can just look at each other and start cracking up. This can go on for quite a while, and I feel like, in that moment, we totally just get each other. He really is my little buddy.
*Asher just loves ketchup and maple syrup, and now he has discovered that he can take the tiniest morsel and drag it through the sauce and get a whole lotta ketchup/syrup into his mouth with very little actual food. Or sometimes, he just resorts to using the finger by itself.
*His wet, juicy, suction-cup kisses that he loves to give me, along with all of his wonderful hugs. And that he tolerates all of my million kisses - may as well get in as many as I can before he's too old and is embarrassed by me!
*Snuggling up to his warm body when he's sleeping next to me. I always feel so content and at peace.
*He has discovered hide-and-seek and loves to hide behind curtains or find you in your hiding space.
*The way he runs around naked before and after baths. Those little butt cheeks are just the cutest things ever!
*How much he just loves being outside (this is a hint for Spring!) and running around and discovering new things.
*How he is trying to hard to say new words, and even if he can't get it, he doesn't stop trying! New words of the moment: "please" and "outside."
I just adore this boy more than anything and no amount of temper tantrums or stinging cheeks are going to ever change that. But am I a little worried about the Terrible Twos? You betcha!
But then, he always seems to redeem himself with a smile or by being his unbearably cute self, and I'm reminded that he really is a sweet boy. And it seems that I keep stumbling onto blogs where people have lost their very young child, and it reminds me all over again of just how lucky I am. So, in honor of this, here is just a small list of things I love about my little boy.
A Few of My Favorite Things About Mr. Asher:
*I love how Asher has the most infectious laugh, and sometimes, we can just look at each other and start cracking up. This can go on for quite a while, and I feel like, in that moment, we totally just get each other. He really is my little buddy.
*Asher just loves ketchup and maple syrup, and now he has discovered that he can take the tiniest morsel and drag it through the sauce and get a whole lotta ketchup/syrup into his mouth with very little actual food. Or sometimes, he just resorts to using the finger by itself.
*His wet, juicy, suction-cup kisses that he loves to give me, along with all of his wonderful hugs. And that he tolerates all of my million kisses - may as well get in as many as I can before he's too old and is embarrassed by me!
*Snuggling up to his warm body when he's sleeping next to me. I always feel so content and at peace.
*He has discovered hide-and-seek and loves to hide behind curtains or find you in your hiding space.
*The way he runs around naked before and after baths. Those little butt cheeks are just the cutest things ever!
*How much he just loves being outside (this is a hint for Spring!) and running around and discovering new things.
*How he is trying to hard to say new words, and even if he can't get it, he doesn't stop trying! New words of the moment: "please" and "outside."
I just adore this boy more than anything and no amount of temper tantrums or stinging cheeks are going to ever change that. But am I a little worried about the Terrible Twos? You betcha!
On a much warmer, less snow-filled day...
2 comments:
Maybe he'll be like Josh and get it all out of his system now, and then two will be the easiest thing ever! It's 3 you've got to fear! Ha ha! Love the list! We have to remind ourselves of these things ever once in a while!
What a sweetie pie. Great list. I agree with The Maples - we gotta remind ourselves of the little things we love. Especially after reading some sad blogs of babies that left their parents too early it makes ya appreciate even the fussy days. No matter what their mood is like or what they've gotten into we're lucky to have 'em. Can you tell that has been my mantra for the past week or so? :)
Post a Comment