Today, however, he was feeling feisty. He repeatedly scratched it, and when I moved his hand away and told him, "No," he looked at me defiantly and proceeded to continue scratching. He did this once or twice more until I decided to move him across the room so he could see his toys and play with them instead.
Mr. Stubborn crawled right back over to the couch, looked at me again, and proceeded to scratch away! I could not believe that my 12 month old was purposely misbehaving. Already. He knew exactly what he was doing. Oh my lovely, "innocent" son...already testing those boundaries!
I finally put him into his walker since it would confine him as a "timeout" (it was really just more of a distraction than anything!), which thankfully worked like a charm.
If he's anything like me (and this behavior is telling me that he is!), I can tell we're gonna have some fun in the coming years!
Who, me? Mommy, I just don't know what you're talking about!
3 comments:
Ha ha! This is only the beginning! People warn you about the terrible twos, but I beg to differ... it starts much sooner than that! Hang on tight for 18 months! But at least we'll be going through it together. =)
Maybe a scratching post? Oh sorry, it worked for my cat.
When you told me this it made me giggle and when he looked at me like while you're telling me it was as though he was trying to tell me "no no no she has it all wrong". Thank goodness he has such a sweet smile!
it's like when it happens with your pets. They look at you and do it right in front of you to see what you're going to do.
My suggestion is to use a spray bottle. That ought to fix'im.
Post a Comment