We finally took the plunge this weekend and purchased some babyproofing items: gate for the stairs, locks for drawers and cabinets, and outlet plugs. We know the mobility is right around the corner, so we're trying to be prepared! Since my handy daddy is coming to visit in a couple of weeks, we knew this would be a great project for him and the hubby!
In not so thrilling news, our wonderful neighbor lady (who positively adores A), had her house nearly broken into the other night at 2:45am. She has an alarm but doesn't have it set up yet, so she leaves it on "chime." It chimes when a door is opened or closed. So she heard it chime in the middle of the night, and her dog started barking, and then it chimed again. So she immediately turned on all the lights and called the police. When they arrived, they didn't find anyone (had probably already taken off) or any signs of an intrusion. So it's a mystery as to their method of attempted entry. I definitely did not need to hear about this, as I already live in vigilance and fear of nighttime activity. So we are definitely being diligent about setting our alarm and being extra cautious. This seems to be a good neighborhood, so I think we're safe overall, but you have to be careful no matter where you live. That's just the reality of life these days I guess.
In absolutely exciting news, my older brother got an invitation from President Bush to come to the White House to meet the Pope! Leave it to my brother, always the over achiever, to receive such an esteemed invite. But truly, I am so proud of him and am elated. He is a very active member of the Catholic church and is on an important board called the Bishop's Counsel, which earned him this prestigious opportunity. That's right, my brother's going to the White House!
So there's your weekend wrap up. I've decided (actually, I decided this long ago) that weekends should be 4 days long. It's kind of a cruel irony that I thought being a stay at home mom would eliminate my dreading Monday, but it's not true at all because now I dread E having to go to work instead. Not right at all. But it's been a great, relaxing weekend, so I can't complain!
1 comment:
Ahhh, the babyproofing.
That is awesome news about your brother!!! How exciting for him! Now is this the brother that is getting married or another brother? I try but I can't keep everything straight. :)
I'm sure your dad is going to love projects when he comes to visit! Asher is going to be mobile before you know it!
Post a Comment